I can’t believe today is the day that I am leaving Vermont,
my home of 26 years, to start the drive towards Texas. So many emotions are taking
over.
First of all, I am nervous. Aside from living in Australia
for a semester, I haven’t been outside of Vermont for this long. I am nervous
to leave my love-filled nest of a comfort zone. I am nervous to leave my family
and friends for an extended period of time. I also am INCREDIBLY nervous to be
moving to a new community, moving to a “red” state, and also starting a job at
a new hospital. I am also nervous about the recent Ebola fiasco. I know that it
is a possibility that Ebola is going to end up all over the US, but it is
already in Texas… the state I am moving to. Time for everyone to practice their
best hand washing!
As well as nervous, I am excited. Travel nursing is
something I have wanted to do since I met a travel nurse, Helen, in Australia.
It has always seemed like the best and easiest way to travel, while working at
the same time. For the same reasons that I am nervous, I am also excited. I am
excited to learn a new area, to reach outside of my comfort zone, and to learn
and grow professionally in a new setting.
To top it all off, I am humbled. The outpouring of love that I have received from my friends and family over the last few weeks has been nothing short of amazing. The hugs, laughter, smiles, stories, and gifts have made this transition so perfect and challenging. Every one of you has played an incredibly important role in my life, and I can’t imagine going day to day without seeing you all. Your love, support, and compassion have far exceeded what I ever could have asked for. I am so glad that I was able to say goodbye to (almost) everyone in the past few weeks. I think what makes it easiest for me is that I know it is only “see you later,” and not “Goodbye.”
To top it all off, I am humbled. The outpouring of love that I have received from my friends and family over the last few weeks has been nothing short of amazing. The hugs, laughter, smiles, stories, and gifts have made this transition so perfect and challenging. Every one of you has played an incredibly important role in my life, and I can’t imagine going day to day without seeing you all. Your love, support, and compassion have far exceeded what I ever could have asked for. I am so glad that I was able to say goodbye to (almost) everyone in the past few weeks. I think what makes it easiest for me is that I know it is only “see you later,” and not “Goodbye.”
And so today, it begins. The 30hr, two thousand mile drive,
starts this morning. As the rain is settling on the valleys, the trees have
provided their last bit of beautiful fall foliage as a send off. I can’t think
of a better way to leave Vermont.
love filled nest of a comfort zone!! haa
ReplyDelete