Today ended up being a very lazy day. We woke up late, had some breakfast on the porch, then proceeded to play cards for the better portion of the day. I introduced everyone to a Luttrell favorite - multiple person solitaire. It was an instant hit. We must have played close to 50 games today.
We paused the card playing to have a "family" dinner. Everyone brought something to contribute and we all had a really tasty dinner together. There was pasta with meat sauce, a roasted chicken, bean salad, and some nice appetizers. After dinner the solitaire continued, until all of the power in the student village went out for no apparent reason. We decided it was much more fun outside, so we pulled the couches out into the driveway and sat and watched the stars and the moon rise. After an hour or so we decided we should do a drive-in movie... so I brought my laptop out and we started a movie. Only for the power to come on 10 minutes later. But we kept the movie going anyway.
All in all, it was a good day.
Tomorrow I am going to the library to get my work done for this week. I am telling you this because the more I say it, the more likely this is to actually happen.
Hope all is well!
Miss you all!
Love all the pics! You are having SOME FUN!!! It was 60 here today with still a couple feet of snow on the ground, we got our bikes out. Keep up the pace, I can see you enjoy everything!!! LOVE YOU Aunty M
ReplyDeleteWe have been playing some solitare too. The kids are getting better. Mark won again though. Of course I was baking cookies and having to let the dog out at the same time. They didn't seem to stop for me!!
ReplyDeleteBeth